PREP: 15 MINS | COOK: 35 MINS | SERVES: 3 PAX
- 350g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 peppers, sliced, any colour will do
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can butter beans, drained
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- Crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Season the beef, working the seasoning in with your hands, then shape into small meatballs. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the meatballs and cook for 5 mins, until golden brown all over. Push to one side of the pan and add the onion and peppers. Cook for a further 5 mins, stirring now and then, until the veg has softened, then stir in the garlic and paprika. Stir everything around in the pan for 1 min, then add the tomatoes. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 mins.
- Uncover, stir in the beans, the sugar and some seasoning, then simmer for a further 10 mins, uncovered. Just before serving, stir in the parsley. Serve with crusty bread for dunking, if you like.