Ever-versatile salmon is as popular on our shopping lists as chicken. Make the most of it with this impressive recipe.
| PREP: 5 MINS | COOK: 10 MINS | SERVING: 2 |
- 1 tsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 250g bag spinach
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat tartare cream
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 1 tsp caper, drained
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan, season the salmon on both sides, then fry for 4 mins each side until golden and the flesh flakes easily. Leaves to rest on a plate while you cook the spinach.
- Tip the leaves into hot pan, season well, then cover and leave to wilt for 1 min, stirring once or twice. Spoon the spinach onto plates, then top with the salmon. gently heat the tartare cream in the pan with squeeze of the lemon juice, the capers and parsley, then season to taste. be careful not to let it boil. Spoon the sauce over the fish, then serve with lemon wedges.